Calling All Heroes
With the success of the Marvel movies this year, it seems heroes are “in” – I suppose they weren’t ever really out…but there is heightened excitement around superheroes!
In your role as an “expert” – whether as a financial advisor, an accountant, an attorney, a lender, an industrial supply salesperson, or a software solutions consultant– what does it take to be a hero to your clients or customers?
How to Be a Sales Hero
Well according to research completed in 2018, buyers want a hero who provides a “buying” experience that has or does the following:
- Relevance – the info that is timely & relevant to them
- Allows them to participate!
- Has you leading the way with transparency
- Let’s them they matter
- Includes a high Say/Do ratio — What you say is what you do!
- Leads to a solution to a problem, capturing an opportunity, or addressing a want or need
It sounds simple enough doesn’t it?
How to Avoid Being a Sales Villain
Yet what gets in the way of you being the hero?
- Providing too much information that is not relevant to them because you didn’t first learn enough about them to connect the details for them
- More talking than listening
- A focus on your solution more than on them personally and how your solution affects them
- Promises without follow through
- A solution that may work, but wasn’t easy for them to understand how and why
Be the Hero THEY Need
To ensure that you’re a hero and not a sales villain – approach your sales conversations with a focus on What’s in it for Them?…from your preparation to the close – if you connect your questions, your explanations, and your solution in a way that illuminates the benefits and value…you’ll be the hero that helps them get just what they need in a timely way instead of letting them get stuck in the status quo.
Free Training Workshop
Simple Strategies to Re-Engage Prospects Who Ghost You
SEPTEMBER 18 @ 2 p.m. CENTRAL
Have you ever had what felt like a GREAT sales conversation only for your potential buyer to go silent after it was over and ignore all your follow -ups? If so, then you know firsthand the frustration that comes from being "ghosted" by a prospect.
Join Sales Pro Insider CEO and Top Sales Book Author, Nancy Bleeke for a brand new webinar .