The end of 2015 has arrived. We knew it was coming as we pushed for all we could from everyone on our team these past weeks. And now that it is here, it’s time to review the results of 2015.
Start with this ONE question to drive your review:
Have we realized the success/results desired this year?
Yes? Congratulations, and best wishes for much more in 2016!
No? Time to look further and ask these questions:
- How well has your team accomplished the main goals and objectives for this year?
- What did you do to celebrate the achievement of the goals you reached?
- What are the obstacles you overcame to reach these goals? What did you learn from them?
- Which goals were not achieved? Why?
Your answers to the last question may be the most revealing. It’s easy to point fingers or play the victim of circumstance. Guess what? That’s not going to move you forward and can be dangerous to the growth of your company.
- What is our growth potential? How do I know this?
- What will it take to reach the 2016 goals?
- What may get in the way? How will you reduce that possibility?
- How can we help our customers achieve more success along the way?
Your responses to these questions now set you up to begin the New Year with a fresh focus.
[Tweet “Your company can do more in 2016 if you learn from the past, plan for the future, and execute! “]
Wishing you the merriest of Christmases and the happiest 2016!!
4 Success Drivers You Need to Know...and Grow
How do you strengthen this "Will" among your sales associates? How does the lack of drive impact your daily life? I discussed this and so much more on a recent virtual training event you can access below. It's valuable information for any business leader who needs to maximize performance of their people to grow their company.
Click here to access the replay.