Ready for another tip on how to increase your sales in a tough economy? Commit to excellence and focus on the power of one!
The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to his or her commitment to excellence, regardless of his or her chosen field of endeavor. Zig Ziglar’s quotation is important for all fields – but most specifically the field of sales!
Today’s economy has created a lot of easy excuses for the average performer to not take action. Top performers continue to succeed in spite of the economy. In our sales training courses, we see salespeople become a bit paralyzed as they look at ALL the activities they could be doing to make more sales. Don’t let that ‘I’m overwhelmed’ feeling stop you. Instead of thinking you need to do 20 things different today, start with just ONE MORE!
Today, make the time for ONE more:
- Phone call. Who do you want to connect with? Take 5 minutes to prepare your objective, how you will engage them when they answer the phone, what you want to find out and the next step. And then pick up the phone! Be prepared to leave a great voicemail message if they don’t pick up.
- Message. What information can you send to someone as a follow-up? Is there something you promised that you can get out today? Send it by email or regular mail.
- Note. Handwritten notes/cards are a powerful connection! Select someone that you haven’t connected with in a while and send them a note. Don’t make it about your company, product or service specifically.
- Action item from your plan to achieve your goals. You do have written goals don’t you? Review them and find one action you can take today that will move you closer to achieving that goal.
- Question. What information do you need from a client, prospect, or internal team member? Craft a good open-ended question and then ASK the question. If you are in a meeting – with a client or internal team – ask one more question before ending the meeting.
For more ideas that you can do ONE more of – I have a free resource for you! Timely Tips for Sales Managers is full of 52 tips to increase sales! The free tips can be downloaded for you to reference as you focus on achieving higher sales results.
Now that this post is written, I too will focus on the power of one and make one MORE phone call before lunch.
Are you committed to excellence? If so, what ONE MORE action you will take today for a big pay off later?