Want to lift your sales quickly? It’s not that hard, and is more in your control than you might think. The quickest way to advance your sales, close more sales and build a pipeline is to…..prepare! Yup, that basic activity that so many of us find a reason NOT to do.
Let’s review all the reasons NOT to prepare:
- No time.
- “I’m better when I ‘wing it’. (Yes, I ‘ve heard this one more than once.)
- I have no idea what I’m getting into and I just need to follow their lead.
- It’s not a good use of my time.
- Each situation is so different, its too difficult.
- I’ve done this so long, I know what I am doing so I don’t need to prepare like the rookies.
What else do want to add to this list? There are MANY reasons or shall we just call them excuses?
Two weeks ago, I asked a group of sales pros who have committed to preparing each day, how they are benefiting. These are the reasons they shared:
- You are now more in control.
- Your client ‘feels’ your competence and relaxes.
- It’s easier to listen when you’re not thinking about where you are going next or what question should be asked.
- The objective is clear and you are more likely to achieve it.
- Surprises are fewer.
- You will sleep better – seriously!
- Less follow-up afterward to get information I didn’t the first time.
- Save time in the long run.
That’s a lot of benefits to outweigh the ‘cost’ of preparing – which is your time and mental focus. When you consider the time needed to prepare, think of it this way: It’s not EXTRA time – its’ a transfer of your time. The time you spend preparing will be recovered many times over with the benefits listed above.
Want to ‘quickly’ prepare? Leave me a comment or send me an email directly to nancy at salesproinsider .com and I’ll send you a Quick Pre Tool – quick, because in 5 minutes you will prepare to make that conversation count…and earn a hefty ROI on the preparation time.