Today’s post is all about giving a lift – to your confidence and spirit! It’s the time of year where people are busier than ever – year-end work stresses, holiday prep and for many of us, dealing with unfavorable weather – all can make for a ‘bah-humbug’ day.
Yesterday, a group of professionals each joined our workshop with a bah-humbug after another. I thought “Oh boy, this could be a long HOUR!” But, once we got engaged in discussion, started focusing on actions we have control of and listened to each other, there was a much lighter spirit as they left the workshop.
Six ways to lift your confidence and spirit today in 5 minutes or less:
- Think about one person who has helped you this year. One person who somehow made something easier or better for you. Call them or write them a note of appreciation!
- Look at your goals for 2009 (you do have them in wriring somewhere, don’t you?) – instead of focusing on the goals that are not wher eyou want them to be – for a minute – concentrate on a goal you achieved or made significant progress with. Take a FULL minute to think about this accomplishment.
- Watch these videos: Smile and Move and ifyou need hlep with a smile, these 4 ladies will help, if you aren’t smmiling after this 1 minute video, I’m not sure what can help!
- Read the following quotation “All the great blessings of my life are in my thoughts today.” Phoebe Cary – What if your blessings were in your thoughts? Wouldn’t that give you a lift?
- The following websites are full of positive news – find one story to read:
- And maybe my favorite, Eat a piece of chocolate. It really does have mood-lifting benefits! And if you want an extra boost – share a piece of chocolate with someone else – watch how it lifts them too!
That’s it! Actions for you, actions that will also lift others and in only 5 minutes your lift will give you more energy, confidence and spirit to tackle the rest of the day.
And if you want to lift my spirits – I’d appreciate your VOTE! An article I wrote, The Sign of a True Sales Pro, was honored as the Sales Article of the Month in May 2009. Now it is contending for the Top Sales Article of the Year. the competition is stiff and I’d like a great showing! It will take less than a minute for you to vote here. Thank you so much!