There were several losses this week in the entertainment world – Michael Jackson, Ed McMahon and Farrah Fawcett. It seems everyone knew these three celebrities and the media is talking of their legacies. They each leave a unique thumbprint and memories to those that worked with and watched them.
In sales careers we have unique opportunities to create lasting legacies with a lot of different people.
- Our support team. Does your internal team value you or do they consider you a “pain”?
- Our customers. Do they know you value them and that you will always do the right thing for them?
- Our sales team. Do you share information that can help them be more successful? Do you give encouragement and listen to them?
- Our management. Do you provide value to your managers above what they expect? Not just in production but in collaboration, insight and problem solving?
The real Sales Celebrities are transparent, productive and most of all people of integrity. A tip I give every professional I work with…every action and inaction you take leaves something behind.
P.S. I was having some fun trying to think of Michael Jackson songs (I’m not saying how I know all these songs 🙂 ) that could be sales anthems….
- Beat It – because we need to beat “it” – sales goals, the competition, our fears every day.
- You Are Not Alone – we should be in touch with our prospects and customers often.
- Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough – we need to keep on until we have reached those goals!
- I Want You Back – earning back lost customers can accelerate our results this year.
- Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ – action gets us where we need to be.
- We Are Here to Change the World – if your product/service guides value, you can change someones world for the better!
- Unbreakable – Sales pros weather the ups and downs and keep on going.
Any to add? I’m sure there are more song connections.