There are all different degrees of professionals – hot ones, cold ones, lukewarm ones. What makes hot, hot? It can be the seemingly little things like:
- Process – having one and sticking with it
- Caring to communicate the way the OTHER person needs to communicate
- Using resources wisely and effectively
- Having a mentor or coach
- DOING, instead of talking and thinking about something
- Setting goals – and a plan to achieve them
- Making the time for rejuvenation – keep the batteries charged!
The difference in degrees was powerful this morningl I live in Wisconsin and for days we have been warned of a huge winter storm. The kids were all set for a snow day today (Mom was too 🙂 – but guess what? We were on the edge of the front that kept us at 34 degrees – meaning we had more rain than snow!
That means school is in session here, but just a mile west it is not because they have over 10″ of snow! I tried to explain to the very disappointed high schooler that sometimes the difference in getting what you want and reality is…just a matter of a degree or two!
What do you think? What are some of the little differences in degree that makes a GREAT professional great instead of good?