July 1st marks the beginning of the second half of 2013. Is your production where it needs to be?
I hope so!
If not, there are two actions to take this week that will help you make your goals in 2013.
1. Face the hard truth with an EXACT numbers review. Information is power – look at the reality of your numbers – how far off are they? Too often I see people making guesses or generalizations when talking about their numbers.
- What EXACT number do you need?
- What EXACT number are you at?
- Where EXACTLY are your prospects in the sales process?
- Who EXACTLY is in the pipeline?
2. Take ONE extra action today, this week, and every week after. It’s up to you, not your sales manager, the marketing department, or the production team.
- Identify ONE additional person can you call/contact in the next 6 hours? Call them.
- Identify ONE action are you procrastinating on taking that you can just get done? Take it.
- Take ONE 15 minute break a day to just think. Take a long deep breathe and just think instead of do. Think about what you are doing, why you are doing these things, and consider if there is an easier or more timely way to get them done.
That’s it. Know where you are, identify what you need to do next, and DO it!
Much success for a productive start to the 2nd half of 2013!